Large enough to cope. Small enough to care.

CALL ARB TODAY: 01538 756 644 / 07968 788 009

Below are some frequently asked questions regarding tree surgery which may help you if you have any queries about ArB Tree Care or the industry in general.

Q: What is the difference between a tree surgeon and a forester?

A: Tree surgeons work to prune or remove singular trees in order to maintain a trees health or preserve the wellbeing of other trees or the individuals surrounding it. Alternatively, a forester may work within a forest setting, helping the area flourish through thinning operations or restocking.

Q: Are you insured?

A: We are fully insured with both employer’s liability insurance and public and product liability insurance. Additionally, we are also have private indemnity insurance, thus making us fully covered to safely carry out all operations and services.

Q: Do you take the green waste away once a job is finished?

A: This is very much up to individual preference as some may wish to retain chip or logs for their own use. However, should the client wish to have all green waste removed from site, this is easily accommodated.

Q: Do you charge for quotes?

A: No. All quotes are free and carried out by a fully qualified and trusted member of staff.

Q: What is a LOLER?

A: LOLER stands for Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations. All of our equipment here at ArB Tree Care, including all climbing kits and our MEWP are assessed on a six monthly basis to ensure that they comply with these regulations and are safe to use.

Q: What is a TPO and a Conservation Area and how do I know if I am part of one?

A: A TPO is a Tree Preservation Order and much like a Conservation Area means that the tree (or trees) are protected by law and works cannot be carried out on them without prior permission. To find out if you are covered by either of these, you should check with the local planning authority. We also have vast experience in dealing with such trees and are able to appeal for work to be undertaken if necessary.

Q: What are your payment terms? How do I pay?

A: We operate an invoice system. Once works are completed you will be issued with an invoice for the works which must then be paid within 14 days. We accept cash, cheque or BACs payments.

If you have any questions that aren’t featured here, please feel free to contact us on 01538 756644 or email and we will be happy to respond.

  • Tree Surgery

  • Forestry

  • Consultancy

  • Landscape Maintenance

  • Vegetation Management

  • Logs and Firewood